Workout Routines for Building A Bigger Chest, Wings, and Shoulders
Mirwaners! When you see some models or artists who have perfect body muscles, you may envy. Due to they motivated by this, many people start doing exercises to form their body muscles. From just the fad of exercise to the truly routine workout at the gym, everyone want to achieve the same ultimate goal, that is perfect body shape.
To achieve this, the workout routine must also be accompanied by commitment because many exercises are quite difficult. The methods and movements of the exercises can be learned anywhere, but this is an effective method to help build your chest, shoulders and wings.
1. Barbell bench press
According to the study, barbell bench press is the most intense training method that pumps 98% of all chest muscles. Even so, using barbell in this technique doesn't always suit everyone because the burden is too big. Therefore, many people replace barbells with dumbbells.
This training technique is very commonly practiced by people in the gym, but this technique is also one of the training techniques that is rarely done properly. If done well, this technique will not only form the chest, but also the shoulders. Here's the guide:
- Position your body on a long bench, making sure the entire back of the body is firm and touches the bench.
- Put your feet fully on the ground, do not let you jump.
- When holding a dumbbell or barbell, position your hands by forming a perpendicular angle (90 degrees). The width of the grip distance will affect the level of difficulty.
- Push the ballast straight up while exhaling.
- Close the weight to the chest, the ballast should not deviate towards the neck or stomach. Don't forget to take a breath too.
2. Cable Crossover
Chest exercises that are no less intense than barbell bench press are cable crossover. According to the same study, this technique activates 93% of all chest muscles. Cable crossover is done by using a ballast machine equipped with cable, where you have to pull the ballast through the cable.
Since your hand part won't be locked as when doing a bench press, you can vary the position of your arms. Don't forget to adjust the ballast on the machine, don't get too heavy because it will tear your muscles.
- Position your feet where one foot steps forward to support body weight.
- Position the body a little "leaning" forward, not to let the body bend.
- When varying the position of your arm, always remember and focus on the basic position of the body as explained above. When doing cable crossover, make sure you pull the weight using your chest instead of with your forearm.
Variation I: upper arm position
- Position your arm up (slightly above the head) holding the machine cable.
- Pull the cable from above to the stomach and hold for a few seconds while exhaling.
- Slowly, return the cable to the starting position (above the head) while breathing, make sure your arms are wide open and you can feel the "pull" on the chest.
Variation II: position of the middle arm
- Position your arms parallel to the chest and grip of the machine cable.
- Pull the cable to the front and make sure you pull it in parallel, and don't forget to exhale.
- Return the cable to the starting position by stretching your arms while breathing.
Variation III: forearm position
- Position the arms down and parallel to the buttocks.
- Pull the cable towards the pelvis and keep using the chest to pull, don't rely on the forearm. Don't forget to exhale.
- Extend your arms to the starting position while breathing.
3. Lateral Raise
This technique targets the muscles in the shoulder and many people don't actually do it right. To do lateral raise, it takes 2 dumbbells that have to be adjusted to your ability. Never try to use a dumbbell with a weight above your ability limit because the muscles will contract very intensely so that the possibility of muscle tears getting bigger.
- Stand with feet that are not too tight and slightly bent to support your body weight.
- Position the body leaning forward, but do not let the body bend.
- Hold the dumbbell in both hands facing forward not the side.
- Bend the elbow slightly forward so that you can feel the contraction of the shoulder muscles.
- Slowly, lift your hands to the outside side while exhaling.
- The position of your upper arms must be parallel to form a line, do not let your arms point forward.
- Lower your arms to the starting position slowly, don't forget to breath.
- The variation that can be done in this exercise technique is to direct your arm forward when lifting the ballast. So, you can do it to the side and also to the front.
4. Dumbbell Shrugs
This exercise is proven effective because it is not only focused on the shoulder, dumbbell shrugs also intensely train the muscles in your wings. You will be surprised at how simple this one training technique is, but make no mistake, when you try to do it the muscles in the shoulders and wings will immediately "wake up".
Unfortunately, even though the dumbbell shrugs technique is very simple, it is not still done regularly. Many people turn their shoulder bones forward or backward, this will not help muscle contraction and will only increase the potential for injury. This is the right way:
- With dumbbells in both hands, position your hands parallel to your buttocks.
- Don't forget to give space from your hips to your hands so that the dumbbell doesn't touch the thighs.
- The position of your upper arm to your forearm must be straight without bending at all on the elbow.
- Inhale and raise your shoulders as high as possible without moving your arms, holding this position for 2-3 seconds.
- Exhale and lower your shoulders slowly, prepare your shoulders to lift again.
5. Wide grip pull-ups
Maybe this one training technique will look very extreme and can only be done by professionals, but with the right steps you can try it. You also don't need a lot of tools, just find a horizontal bar that you can use to hang.
This exercise will use the wing muscles that are commonly known as latissimus dorsi. The formation of wing muscles can affect how the V shape of the waist will be seen. These are the first steps to forming your wing muscles :
- Position your hand on the bar at a considerable distance.
- Do not lift the body at the first time when just starting. Make sure you are strong enough just to hang on the bar.
- Fold your elbows and use your back and wing muscles to lift your body until the distance between your chin to the bar isn't too far away.
- When the body is lifted, don't forget to exhale.
- Extend the elbow again and return the body to the starting position that only hangs. Do this while taking a deep breath.
- Do this slowly and make sure the body really returns to its starting position before you try to lift your body again.
So, by doing the 5 workout routines above consistently and in the right way, your body muscles are guaranteed to build beautifully and you can have an ideal body like Superman. But, be careful not to push yourself too much because your body will actually be 'broken', you know!